Egypt Desert retreat 13-19 October 2018
It is time to become more serious about registration. The maximum number of participants we will have, is around fifteen. Eleven people have paid their down-payment to show their seriousness. Make sure that we have reserved space for you by your payment of €100 before 1 September 2018.
Payments please (with comment: ‘down-payment’) to:
This is what we offer:
During the retreat we will
- Visit some of the oldest monasteries in the world, in Wadi Natrun.
- Learn from the ancient books of Egyptian Desert Fathers (a guided course, 2×45 minutes per day, based on the life and writings of Pachomius)
- Have time for personal meditation
- Meet with the Coptic Orthodox Bishop Thomas (the visionary who founded and leads Anafora)
- Participate in the common morning and evening prayers of Anafora
- Enjoy the green desert of Anafora
Cost of this retreat: €475
Included in the price:
- Six nights in Anafora, including three meals per day.
- As much coffee, tea, water as you like
- The study/work books we use (Pachomian Koinonia, three volumes, supplied as hard copy at the beginning of the retreat)
- Transport from and to Cairo (the airport, if you like, or any other place if you wish so) on 13 and 19 October (or other dates – details can be discussed.
- Your ticket to and from Egypt. You can handle this by yourself.
- If you arrive before 13 October or if you stay after 19 October, we can help you arrange bookings and sightseeing tours, at your expense.
If you want to more information or if you want to register, contact me as soon as possible.