During the retreat we will
- Visit some of the oldest monasteries in the world, in Wadi Natrun.
- Learn from the ancient books of Egyptian Desert Fathers (a guided course, 2×45 minutes per day,based on the life and writings of Pachomius)
- Have time for personal meditation
- Meet with the Coptic Orthodox Bishop Thomas (the visionary who founded and leads Anafora)
- Participate in the common evening prayers of Anafora
- Enjoy the green desert of Anafora
Cost of this retreat: 475 Euro. This includes:
- Six nights in Anafora, including three meals and drinks per day.
- The study/work books we use (Pachomian Koinonia, three volumes, supplied at the beginning of the retreat)
- Transport from and to Cairo (the airport, if you like, or any other place if you wish so) on 13 and 19 October.
- Your ticket to and from Egypt
- If you arrive before 13 October or if you stay after 19 October, we can help you arrange bookings and sightseeing tours, at your expense.
Thus far we have four participants, beside me. If you want to more information or if you want to register, contact me today.